Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Gentle Rush of Happiness

The cold wind rustles my hair the wrong way and sends a chill down my spine-- a familiar feeling followed by the ritual of frantically rearranging my hair. I can see again and I look up. The soft blue sky is littered with silver clouds. It started out to be a gloomy day, but as the sun came out further to warm the ground and the busy people below, a quiet joy took over. I take off my shoes in the way I always do when I am relaxed and happy. The sparse spring grass pleasantly itches between my toes while I blow a dandelion into the breeze, somehow blowing in all directions. The only sounds are the wind, and the occassional bird chirping in anticipation of the spring. Comforting relief is found under the warm embrace of the sunshine. I'm all alone but everything around me is alive. As I close my eyes and feel the happiness rush to my cheeks, I realize I'm in love with this, our planet Earth.

1 comment:

  1. You hippie. :P

    Haha; I kid.

    You have a gift with description.
    I like how you described fixing your hair as a "ritual."


    BTW, our weather changes too fast and too randomly. Someone should get the Texan sky a psychologist; it's schizophrenic.

    ReplyDelete